Recipe provided by Strive for Wellness®
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Servings: 12 (Size: 2-inch square)
9 whole-grain lasagna noodles
1 pound ground turkey (or meat of your choice; soy crumbles can be used in meatless option)
1 (15-ounce) container reduced-fat ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
For the sauce:
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups spinach
1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
1 (29-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
1½ teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In a medium sauce pan, add olive oil, onions and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Add spinach to pan and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, brown the ground turkey. Add to sauce after simmering.
- Combine ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Spread one cup sauce in 9 x 13 baking dish. Layer 3 uncooked noodles, then 1 cup sauce, and half of the ricotta mixture; repeat. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour. Remove foil and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 274, Total Fat: 12.8g (19.7%), Saturated Fat: 5.9g (29.5%), Sodium: 312.6mg (13%), Protein: 20.3g
Serving size 2-inch square
Amount per serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 12.8g19.7%
Saturated Fat 5.9g29.5%