Eligible employees may enroll eligible dependents as long as they are also enrolled. Eligible dependents include:
Your dependent children through the end of the month in which they turn 26. This includes:
- Natural child
- Adopted child from the date you assume legal obligation for total or partial support of the child
- Foster child. The child will continue to be eligible after the foster-child relationship ends by operation of law when the child ages out if the foster-child relationship was in place the day before the child aged out
- Child for whom you or your spouse is the court-appointed legal guardian. The child will continue to be eligible after guardianship ends by operation of law when the child turns 18 if the guardianship was in place before the child turned 18
- Newborn of a covered dependent
- Child for whom you or your spouse is required to provide coverage under a Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMCSO)
- Your disabled child who is 26 or older and is permanently disabled when first eligible or covered before age 26.
- If your child is a state employee and younger than 26, he or she may be covered under your plan.
- A child may have dual coverage if the child’s parents are divorced or have never married, and both have coverage through MCHCP
- MCHCP will only pay for a service once, regardless of whether the claim for the child’s care is filed under multiple subscribers’ coverage
- If a child has coverage under two subscribers, the child will have a separate deductible and coinsurance under each subscriber